Migrate and work in Canada as a painter – 2022
Are you a painter? and have you been looking for a way to travel out of the country?, Have you been dreaming of immigrating to Canada? Then you have no problem.
In most countries in the world, especially Canada, skilled workers are highly recognized, Trade jobs are among the well-demanding jobs in Canada and the government of Canada is ready to bring millions of immigrants into their country with skills and experience in different fields and industries.
The educational system has given a lot of people the mindset that it’s all about working in the office after graduating from college or university.
However, It is important to go to school and have your certificate but having skilled work is also essential because there is a lot of flexibility that comes with becoming a skilled trade worker.
In Canada, the demand for skilled trade workers is very high. The country is looking to fill up labour shortages in the trade job which is why some immigration programs have been created out of the 100 immigration programs to help bring in skilled trade workers into the country.
Painters are among the in-demand jobs in Canada with plumbers, carpenters, welders and so on. These jobs are among the well-paid trade jobs in the country and sometimes they earn more than the average national salary in Canada.
In this article, We will be looking at different ways you can immigrate to Canada as a painter.
How To Immigrate To Canada as a Painter.
As we have said earlier, there are over 100 immigration programs through which you can move to Canada but we will focus our discussion on the most popular immigration programs you can go through to move to Canada as a painter.
The Federal Express Entry System
This program is the most popular and fastest immigration program as it takes about 6 months to process. The federal express entry system started in 2015 and since then it has been the most used program for immigrants into the country.
This program is an online immigration program in a candidate can use to gain residence in Canada. It is a pathway that skilled workers can use to move into Canada on time and even settle down.
You will have to create an online profile in the program and you will need to meet up with some requirements in creating your profile, and there are some criteria for giving you a CRS score in the Express Entry System. The requirements are:
Your working experience or training
Language fluency tester results in English or French
Your Educational qualification ( They are not really necessary for a trade job)
Provincial nomination ( If nominated)
Ability to adapt
Proof of funds
You are expected to complete your profile within 60 days and you will be placed in a draw pool with some other applicants and you will be ranked against a system called the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). You are going to be ranked based on the requirements you fill, You will be given a CRS score based on the factors you filled in your profile you created and it will be matched against a cutoff mark which you are expected to meet up with or exceed. Any applicants who meet up with the cut-off mark or exceed it will be given an invitation to apply (ITA) for permanent residence.
The program has three federal immigration under it, which are:
- The Federal skilled worker program
- The Federal skilled trades program
- The Canadian Experience Class
Among all these immigration streams, the suitable one for you in other to move to Canada as a painter is the Federal skilled Trades Program (FSTP). The program is based on trade workers.
Requirements for her Federal Skilled Trades programs are:
There are some requirements you will have to meet up with in other to be qualified for the program, which are:
- You must have a skilled work experience of at least two years in the skilled trade
- You must have a valid job offer which is a full time
- Educational qualification is not necessary but it will boost your score and chances
- You must be fluent in the language in Canada I.e English and French and will need to pass the Canadian language Benchmark (CLB) test.
- You must not have a criminal record and also you must have sound health
The Provincial Nominee Program
This program is another great immigration program which is set aside for provinces and regions in Canada to help fill up skilled workers which are not enough in the provinces and there is cooperation with the Canadian government under the immigration, refugees and the citizenship Canada (IRCC) as regards to this program.
Each region set out its own requirements and is responsible for picking candidates depending on how qualified they are and if they meet up with all the requirements the province has set out and the Canadian government will invite such candidates to Canada.
We have eleven different provinces that have their own provincial Nominee programs, but we will be listing just four where painters are in high demand and their immigration programs.
- Manitoba- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- New Brunswick- New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program (NB PNP)
- British Columbia- British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP)
- Ontario- Ontario Provincial Nominee Program (OINP)
All these provinces offer competitive salaries to painters
Responsibilities of a Painter and Decorator
- Applying paint or other materials such as stains, lacquer or varnish using brushes, rollers or spray equipment.
- Preparing and cleaning surfaces.
- Removing old wallpaper and paint.
- Repairing cracks and holes in walls.
- Mixing and thinning paint.
- preparing and cleaning surfaces
- Removing old wallpaper and paint
Occupation Under The Painting And Decoration Trade Job
- Bridge painter
- Building Painter
- Commercial Building Painter
- Commercial Construction Painter
- House Painter
- Construction Painter
- Industrial Construction Painter
- Painter and Decorator
- Maintenance Painter
- Residential Painter
- Roof Painter
- Residential Construction Painter
- Rough Painter – Construction
- Painter and Paperhanger
- Woman Painter and Decorator
- Specializes painter and Decorator