Permitted Paid Engagement Visa: Apply for Short-term Work in the UK
The Permitted Paid Engagement (PPE) visa is a unique and specialized visa category that grants individuals the opportunity to venture to the United Kingdom for a brief stint, exclusively to perform pre-arranged and compensated tasks. This visa is designed for those who possess rare and coveted skills, experience, and expertise and are invited by UK-based organizations or businesses to fulfill specific duties for a limited duration.
such as attending meetings or delivering speeches. Here is a guide to the PPE visa, including the application process, requirements, and eligibility criteria:
- Determine if you are eligible for the PPE visa (see eligibility criteria below).
- Submit your visa application through the digital portals of the UK government website.
- Pay the application fee and submit the required supporting documents.
- Attend a biometrics appointment to provide your fingerprints and photograph.
- Please wait for a decision regarding your visa application.
To be eligible for a PPE visa, you must:
- Be invited to the UK to carry out a specific paid engagement.
- Be outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland.
- Not intend to stay in the UK for more than 1 month.
- You must possess sufficient funds to sustain yourself during your visit to the United Kingdom.
- Have the required skills and experience to carry out the specific paid engagement.
To be eligible for a PPE visa, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must have been invited to the UK to carry out a specific paid engagement, such as attending a conference or delivering a speech.
- The engagement must be within your area of expertise or field of work.
- You must not be filling a permanent role or undertaking a long-term project.
- The engagement must be paid directly by the UK organization or company inviting you.
- You must not be replacing a UK-based worker or filling a vacancy.
- You must not receive public funds for the engagement.
When applying for a PPE visa, you will need to provide the following supporting documents:
- “A valid travel document, such as a current passport,” is a more fluent way of expressing the same idea.
- Evidence of your invitation to the UK, such as a letter from the inviting organization or company.
- Evidence of your expertise or qualifications in the relevant field.
- Evidence of the engagement, such as a letter outlining the purpose and duration of the engagement and the amount of payment.
- Evidence of your financial means to support yourself during your stay in the UK, such as bank statements or payslips.
The fee for a PPE visa is £95 for a stay of up to 1 month.
The Permitted Paid Engagement (PPE) visa is a unique and specialized visa category that grants individuals the opportunity to venture to the United Kingdom for a brief stint, exclusively to perform pre-arranged and compensated tasks.
To be eligible, you must meet specific criteria related to the nature of your engagement, your qualifications and experience, and your financial means to support yourself during your stay in the UK. The application process involves providing supporting documents, attending a biometrics appointment, and paying a fee.