Top In-Demand Jobs in Northern Canada – Apply Now
Top Positions in Demand in Northern Canada – Do you intend to relocate to the north of the country, or have you already made your mind up? It’s all nice, I guess.
Moving to a new place, especially one like Canada, is good, but it can also be stressful and difficult. You are aware that adjusting to the environment won’t be simple because it may differ from what you are used to in your country or hometown. Finding a job, a home, or even friends could be difficult.
However, you shouldn’t worry because we are here to show you how to quickly adapt to moving to Canada, particularly to northern Canada.
We have taken the effort to gather the best positions that are in-demand in the northern part of Canada in order to assist you settle comfortably after your relocation there. This will help you find a job easily in this area of Canada and also alleviate the burden of looking.
Without further ado, let’s examine the employment prospects in Canada’s north.
Job Possibilities In Canada’s North
There are a lot of job openings in Canada right now, which is not surprising given the rising number of seniors there and the necessity for the nation to recover from the COVID-19 blow. Provincial Nomination Programs are available in every province of Canada, even the northern provinces, to assist in the nomination of foreign workers to fill labor gaps and contribute to the growth and development of the province. Considering that you would be relocating to Canada’s north, we will examine the employment opportunities in several of the northern provinces, such as the Northwest Territories (Nunavut and Dehcho) and Yukon.
- working in YukonThis province, which was originally known as the Yukon Territory, is the least populous in Canada but offers a variety of job options. You must possess a skill for a job that is in demand in this province if you wish to have an advantage in finding employment there. There is a high demand for IT experts, cooks, caretakers, early childhood educators, registered nurses, and receptionists in this province. Additionally, if you have other talents or a different trade, you can still move to Yukon and work there because the province offers a variety of occupations.
- jobs in the Dehcho area It is one of the Canadian Northwest Territories’ five administrative regions. Additionally, there are many work opportunities in this area in a variety of industries and professions. If your skill is in demand in this area, you might have a chance to get employment there.
- NunavutThis is a significant portion of Canada’s Northern Territories, and if you love the outdoors and mountains, this is a terrific area to call home. Like the Yukon territory, there are many work prospects in the territory. As we previously mentioned, you will need a skill that is in demand in the territory in order to easily find employment in Canada. This will also aid in your integration.
How to Enter Canada’s North via Immigrating
Since we’ve shown you that there are plenty of job opportunities in the north of Canada, it makes sense for you to start looking into how to move there. There are more than 100 immigration programs available to you to help you immigrate to Canada, but not all of them will allow you to move to the north.
We’ve chosen to demonstrate the finest ways for you to immigrate to the northern region of Canada because of this.
Top Immigration Programs To Immigrate Up North
- The Program for Yukon Provincial NomineesThis PNP is for the Yukon Territory, and it allows the province to suggest foreign immigrants to cover labor gaps and support the territory’s economic requirements. There are three categories from which you can select to apply for this program, and they are as follows:Pilot program for the Yukon community’s business nominees for the Express Entry System
- Express Entry is a system.A province may nominate applicants who fulfill the qualifications for the stream and who may live and work in the province. This is an online program where applicants must develop an online profile within 60 days and complete a number of requirements before being added to the federal Express Entry Pool.The three Federal Immigration Streams that oversee the Express Entry Program areProgram for Federal Skilled Workers
Program for Federally Skilled Trades
The class on Canadian Experience
However, the Federal Skilled Worker Program, which falls under two categories, will be the focus of our discussion.
The Category of Skilled Workers
The Category of Critical Impact
To qualify for the Skilled Worker Category, you must have a job offer from a company in Yukon, and the position you accept must fall within one of the NOC Skilled Type 0, A, or B categories.
Employers are permitted to nominate foreign workers who have experience in low-skilled jobs for the Critical Impact Worker Category. These workers are also eligible for permanent residence; however, the province does not grant permanent residence; rather, it merely nominates you to obtain it in Canada.
You must fulfill some of the criteria we will be highlighting below in order to be eligible for this program:
- Prior to application, you must have a work permit that is valid for at least six months.
A permanent position must have been offered to you by the same employer throughout your tenure there.
A minimum of 55 points must be earned on the Yukon Nominee Program.
- Community Pilot for YukonYou may participate in this program and work for up to three different employers in any of the Yukon communities listed below:
- Watson Lake
- Haines Junction
A nice feature of the program is that you do not need to obtain a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA), which demonstrates that an employer needs a foreign worker to come fill up labor shortages because there are no Canadian citizens or permanent residents available to take up the job position. This work permit is required for two years. The Employment and Social Department of Canada issues the LMIA to the employer, who then sends you a copy of the document. However, this program does not require all these steps because it is possible to work for three different employers in the province with an Open work permit.
To be eligible for this stream, you must:
- you should have two or three employment offers.
work a total of around 30 hours per week, which is closer to a full-time employment.
satisfy the provincial work permit’s basic requirements
Request the Yukon government to sign a letter of support.
- Program for Business NomineesFor those who desire to start and operate their own business in Canada, there is this program. This program was created by Canada for entrepreneurs and company owners since they are crucial to the development of any nation. So you can think about enrolling in this program if you’re interested in starting or running your own business in Yukon.
In order to participate in this immigration program, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- The following investing requirements must be met by you: $300,000 or $400,000 invested, and $50,000 in personal net worth, all in Canadian dollars.
You must be a high school graduate.
You must have 5 to 7 years of management, ownership, and operations experience.
Northern and Rural Immigration Pilot Project (RNIP)
This immigration policy is intended to support the development of the economies of smaller Canadian municipalities. Because there is a demand for workers in many of these areas, this program makes it simpler for immigrants and foreign workers to settle in Canada and fill labor gaps in a variety of industries. You can simply come to northern Canada with this route and begin working right away.
What Are The Requirements For The RNIP?
You must meet the following criteria in order to be eligible for this program, just like for other immigration programs:
- You must pass an English or French language test to demonstrate your fluency in the Canadian language. You must have finished your studies and graduated from a postsecondary institution in the area you wish to relocate to.
Within the last three years, you must have at least one year of job experience.
If your credentials are not from Canada, you should get them evaluated because this evaluation will demonstrate that they are comparable to Canadian standards.
You must be prepared to work and live in the area where the pilot program will be implemented.
In addition to the standards we’ve already outlined, each community participating in this program has its own requirements designed to fulfill its particular economic needs.
Since we’ve highlighted a few immigration programs that can assist you in moving to Canada’s north, you should carefully review the requirements for each program to determine which one you should apply for. By choosing the best immigration program for you, you’ll have no trouble moving to Canada’s north.
So begin the application procedure and prepare to travel to Canada’s north as soon as possible.